The Cobb County School Calendar for the 2022 to 2023 school year begins on Monday, August 1, 2022 and ends on Wednesday, May 24, 2023. The start date is 1 day earlier than last year, and the end date is 1 day earlier than last year.
- First Day of School – August 2, 2022
- Labor Day – September 5, 2022
- Fall Break – September 26 – 30, 2022
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday – November 8, 2022
- Thanksgiving Holidays – November 21 – 25, 2022
- Winter Holidays – December 19, 2022 to January 4, 2023
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 16, 2023
- Winter Break – February 20 – 24, 2023
- Spring Break – April 3 – 7, 2023
- Last Day of School – May 24, 2023
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given 4 “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Cobb County, there are 177 days scheduled for students, and 188 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 88 school days and ends prior to Winter Holidays. Second semester includes 89 school days, and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the fourth Monday in September. Winter Break begins on the third Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems. The school year ends on a Wednesday to provide enough time to schedule graduation ceremonies.
Marietta City School Calendars:
Marietta City School Calendar 2021-2022
Cobb County and Marietta City School Calendars
Cobb County Early Release Schedule
What day does Cobb County go back to school?
Cobb County and Marietta City Schools
List of Federal Holidays