The Cobb County School Calendar for the 2023 to 2024 school year began on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 and ends on Wednesday, May 22, 2024. The start date is the same date as last year, and the end date is 2 days earlier than last year.
- First Day of School – August 1, 2023
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023
- Fall Break – September 25 – 29, 2023
- Election Day, Student Holiday/Staff Workday – November 7, 2023
- Thanksgiving Holidays – November 20 – 24, 2023
- Winter Holidays – December 20, 2023 to January 3, 2024
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 15, 2024
- Winter Break – February 19 – 23, 2024
- Spring Break – April 1 – 5, 2024
- Last Day of School – May 22, 2024
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given four “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Cobb County, there are 177 days scheduled for students, and 186 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 87 school days (93 for teachers) and ends prior to Winter Holidays. Second semester includes 90 school days (93 for teachers), and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the third Monday in September (the past few years it has been the 4th Monday). Winter Break begins on the third Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems. The school year ends on a Wednesday to provide enough time to schedule graduation ceremonies.
July 26, 2023
- Added asynchronous learning days to Monday, August 21, 2023, Monday, October 16, 2023, and Monday, March 4, 2024.
- Added Elementary/Middle School Conference Week Tuesday, October 17 through Friday, October 20, 2023. Early release for elementary and middle schools only.
- Added early release days December 18 and 19, 2023 for all levels.
- Added early release days April 8, 2024 for all levels.
- Added early release days May 20-22, 2024 for all levels.
May 20, 2022
- January 2, 2024 was changed from a teacher work day to a holiday, changing the teacher start date from January 2 to January 3, 2024.
Cobb County and Marietta City School Calendars
Cobb County Early Release Schedule
What day does Cobb County go back to school?
Cobb County and Marietta City Schools
List of Federal Holidays