The Marietta City School Calendar for the 2022 to 2023 school year begins on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 and ends on Friday, May 26, 2023.
- First Day of School – August 3, 2022
- Labor Day – September 5, 2022
- Fall Break – September 26 – 30, 2022
- Thanksgiving Break – November 21 – 25, 2022
- Winter Break – December 19, 2022 to January 3, 2023
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 16, 2023
- Mid-Winter Break – February 20 – 24, 2023
- Spring Break – April 3 – 7, 2023
- Last Day of School – May 26, 2023
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given four “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Marietta City Schools, there are 178 days scheduled for students, and 190 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 86 school days (96 for teachers) and ends prior to Winter Break. Second semester includes 92 school days (95 for teachers), and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the fourth Monday in September. Mid-Winter Break begins on the third Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems.
May 24, 2022
- Holiday Break is now called Winter Break
- Post planning days were removed from June 1 and 2, 2023
- 1 preplanning day was added to July, 2022 to take place sometime between July 5-20, to be scheduled by school.
Cobb County and Marietta City School Calendars
Cobb County Early Release Schedule
What day does Cobb County go back to school?
Cobb County and Marietta City Schools
List of Federal Holidays