Home Marietta Fire Museum

Marietta Fire Museum


The Marietta Fire Museum features a collection of items used by the Marietta Fire Department since the 1800s.  The collection includes vehicles, clothing, equipment, antiques, photos, displays, and more.

Museum highlights include a Silsby Steamer, a horse-drawn steam-powered pumper purchased in 1879 and used until 1921.  It is one of only five still in existence.  The collection also includes the vehicle that replaced the steamer, a 1921 American LaFrance pumper.  Designated as engine number two, it was one of the first motorized fire trucks in all of north Georgia.  Next in the collection is a 1929 Seagrave Pumper, designated as engine number one and retired in 1959.

In 1949, the Marietta Fire Department purchased a Pirsch Ladder Truck, one of the highest-reaching ladders in north Georgia.  It was designated ladder number one and remained in service until 1984.  Ladder number one is in the museum along with a 1952 Chevrolet Panel Truck that was originally donated to the fire department by the Marietta Lions Club and was the first rescue truck in the city.

The museum is open daily from 8 am to 5 pm, admission is free, and donations are accepted and appreciated.  There is also a small gift shop area with t shirts, mugs, and other souvenir items available for purchase.

Daily from 8 am to 5 pm
*Closed December 24th – 25th and January 1st.


112 Haynes St. (Fire Station #1)
Marietta, Ga. 30060

Free parking is available at the Marietta City Hall parking deck, located at 211 Lawrence Street, Marietta, GA 30060.  Please be sure to bring your parking ticket inside for validation.

For more information, please call (770) 794-5466.