As you approach your destination, you’ll feel as though you’ve traveled back in time. There, just minutes from Marietta Square, you’ll find the historic Brumby Hall, built in 1851. This remarkable dwelling is home to the Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum, a mainstay in the area since 2003 when it first opened in the Old Thomas Warehouse Building just off the Marietta Square.
Featuring an extensive collection of memorabilia related to the famous book and movie, visitors can enjoy the vast history surrounding one of the world’s most beloved stories. With the book having never left bookshelves since 1936 and the film holding the title of the number one box-office movie of all time (when adjusted for inflation), it’s clear that Gone with the Wind has a special place in many hearts.
Highlights of the museum:
- The mourning bonnet worn by Scarlett O’Hara, played by Vivien Leigh
- The Shantytown dress
- Rhett Butler’s jacket, played by Clark Gable
- The original Dan Sayre Groesbeck painting which hung in Loews Lobby during the premier of Gone With the Wind on December 15, 1939
- The six original Walter Plunkett costume sketches which include Scarlett’s iconic green BBQ dress.
- Pieces of the Tara façade from the movie
- Numerous original pieces extremely rare items
Before leaving, visitors may wish to browse the gift shop for a unique souvenir to take home. In addition, guests can take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens that surround Brumby Hall, or relax on the porch in one of the Brumby Rockers. Conveniently located just half a mile from the historic Marietta Square, Brumby Hall is just a short walk across the parking lot from the beautiful Hilton Marietta Hotel & Conference Center.
$7 Seniors, Students & Military
$6/Person for Groups of 20 or more
Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Closed Sundays, Mondays, and major winter holidays.
Brumby Hall and Gardens
472 Powder Springs Street
Marietta, GA 30064.
- Take I-75 to Exit 265 (N. Marietta Parkway/120 Loop).
- Go west on N. Marietta Parkway 2.5 miles to Powder Springs Street.
- Continue straight and go 0.4 miles.
- Turn right into the Hilton Atlanta Marietta Hotel & Conference Center entrance and take an immediate right at the lower parking lot. Drive straight across the lot toward the wrought-iron gate and park anywhere in the lower lot area. Walk up the drive to the museum inside Brumby Hall.
For more information, please call (770) 794-5576 or email email@example.com.
Photos from the ribbon cutting event for the new Gone With the Wind exhibit from Vicky and Mike Rogers, courtesy of the City of Marietta Communications Office.
Hilton Atlanta Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
Located just across the parking lot, the Hilton Atlanta Marietta Hotel and Conference Center is a popular choice for both business and leisure travelers visiting the Marietta area. The hotel offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, outdoor pool, golf, outdoor activities, and an on-site restaurant.
City Club Marietta Golf Course
Located just on the other side of the Marietta Hotel and Conference Center, Marietta City Club Golf Course is a popular choice for golfers in the Marietta area, offering a challenging and well-maintained course with a range of amenities for players of all levels. The course is open to the public and offers daily green fees, as well as discounted rates for seniors, military personnel, and juniors. The course is situated on 120 acres of rolling hills and features 18 holes of golf, a driving range, and a practice green. The course also has a clubhouse with a restaurant and bar.