The Cobb County School Calendar (Draft) for the 2020 to 2021 school year begins on Monday, August 3, 2020 and ends on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. The start date is two days later than last year, and the end date is six days later than last year.
- First Day of School – August 2, 2020
- Labor Day – September 7, 2020
- Fall Break – September 28 – October 2, 2020
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday – November 3, 2020
- Thanksgiving Holidays – November 23 – 27, 2020
- Winter Holidays – December 21, 2020 to January 5, 2021
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 18, 2021
- Winter Break – February 15 – 19, 2021
- Spring Break – April 5 – 9, 2021
- Last Day of School – May 26, 2021
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given four “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Cobb County, there are 178 days scheduled for students, and 188 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 88 school days and ends prior to Winter Holidays. Second semester includes 90 school days, and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the fourth Monday in September. Winter Break begins on the first Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems. The school year ends on a Wednesday to provide enough time to schedule graduation ceremonies.