The Cobb County School Calendar for the 2019 to 2020 school year began on Thursday, August 1, 2019 and ends on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. The start date is the same as last year, and the end date is two days earlier than last year.
In light of guidance from the Governor’s office, the Cobb County School district is closing all school buildings for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Online learning will continue through the remainder of the school year.
Beginning Monday, April 13, 2020, for all Cobb County students, and for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year, digital learning will occur on a Monday through Thursday schedule.
Each Friday will be an opportunity for students to independently review their progress from the previous week and to catch-up on assignments as needed. No new work or assignments will be presented to students on Fridays.
- First Day of School – August 1, 2019
- Labor Day – September 2, 2019
- Fall Break – September 23 – 27, 2019
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday – November 5, 2019
- Thanksgiving Holidays – November 25 – 29, 2019
- Winter Holidays – December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 20, 2020
- Winter Break – February 17 – 21, 2020
- Schools Closed for at least two weeks – March 16, 2020
- Schools closed for the remainder of the school year – April 1, 2020 (online learning will continue)
- Spring Break – April 6 – 10, 2020
- Last Day of School – May 20, 2020
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given 4 “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Cobb County, there are 177 days scheduled for students, and 187 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 90 school days and ends prior to Winter Holidays. Second semester includes 87 school days, and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the fourth Monday in September. Winter Break begins on the third Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems. The school year ends on a Wednesday to provide enough time to schedule graduation ceremonies.
Cobb County and Marietta City School Calendars
Cobb County Early Release Schedule
What day does Cobb County go back to school?
Cobb County and Marietta City Schools
List of Federal Holidays