The Cobb County School Calendar for the 2019 to 2020 school year begins on Thursday, August 1, 2019 and ends on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. The start date is the same as last year, and the end date is two days earlier than last year.
- First Day of School – August 1, 2019
- Labor Day – September 2, 2019
- Fall Break – September 23 – 27, 2019
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday – November 5, 2019
- Thanksgiving Holidays – November 25 – 29, 2019
- Winter Holidays – December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 20, 2020
- Winter Break – February 17 – 21, 2020
- Spring Break – April 6 – 10, 2020
- Last Day of School – May 20, 2020
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given four “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Cobb County, there are 177 days scheduled for students, and 187 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 90 school days and ends prior to Winter Holidays. Second semester includes 87 school days, and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the fourth Monday in September. Winter Break begins on the third Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems. The school year ends on a Wednesday to provide enough time to schedule graduation ceremonies.