The Noshfest (formerly Nibble & Noshfest) – a taste of Jewish food and fun is a two day event blending food, fun, culture, and entertainment in a welcoming atmosphere. The event features Jewish food sold in sample sized portions priced from $1 to $5. The event also includes children’s activities, craft vendors and live entertainment.
Participating restaurants in 2016 include:
- Mediterranean Grill Chicken & rice, Shish kabob & rice, Gyro & rice, Hummus & pita and Baklava
- Brusters Ice Cream – Ice Cream
- Mirko Pasta -Ricotta Spinach Ravioli Funghi, Rigatoni Bolognese, Kale Salad, Tiramisu
- Ray’s Royal Dogs – Funnel cakes, Funnel swirls, Deep Fried Oreos, Deep Fried Moonpies and Brownies and Oreo Churros
- JB’s Texas Style BBQ catering – Barbecue Brisket Sliders, German Potato Salad, and three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Temple Kol Emeth Brotherhood/Women of Reform Judaism – Hebrew National Hot Dogs w/ Buns, Ketchup, Mustard, Sour Kraut, Mayo-free Cole Slaw*, Knishes, Kugel*, Bagels with a schmear , Hamentashen*, Dr. Brown’s Cream Soda, Beer, Water, and Pepsi products.
- Marietta Diner – Corned Beef and Pastrami Sandwiches, Potato Latkes & Matzo Ball Soup
- Dogwood Catering – Fried Green Tomatoes, Shortribs in a 24 hour coca cola reduction sauce, Challah Chocolate Bread Pudding
Bagel Eating Contest
The First Annual Southeastern Bagel Eating Contest takes place on Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 2:00 pm. The contest features 15 contestants that will eat as many Bagelicious bagels as possible in 5 minutes. The winner will receive a $500 prize.
Take a tour of the Temple building and learn about the history and rich culture that is more than 5,000 years old. The Sanctuary includes custom stained glass that tells a story that starts “in the beginning” and continues to the modern day. Tour groups meet in the plaza at the building’s main lobby and last 45-60 minutes.
Sunday, September 4th, 2016
Monday, September 5, 2016
A variety of arts and crafts vendors will be on hand to display and offer their products for sale.
Two canned foods to be donated to MUST; visitors purchase tickets to pay for the food samples that range from $1 – $5.
Sunday, September 4, 2016 from 11 am – 7 pm
Monday, September 5, 2016 from 11 am – 4 pm
Rain or Shine
Temple Kol Emeth
Corner of Old Canton and Sewell Mill Road
1415 Old Canton Rd
Marietta, GA, 3006
Free parking is available at the Eastminster Presbyterian Church across the street and at the Olde Mille shopping center at the corner of Roswell Road and Old Canton Road.
For more information, please call (404) 580-4928 or visit NoshFest.com.