The 89th annual North Georgia State Fair is coming to town from September 22 through October 2, 2022. As the largest fair in metro Atlanta, it attracts an estimated 300,000 people every year from North Georgia and neighboring states. The fair features live music, free attractions and shows, blue ribbon competitions, flower shows, live farm and exotic animals, dancers and performers, fun food, and rides on the Great James H. Drew Exposition – one of the largest carnival midways in the U.S. The fair offers free concerts with big names hitting the stage. A covered arena guarantees concerts rain or shine.
2022 Concert Schedule
All concerts are free with fair admission.
- Friday, September 23: The Afters
- Saturday, September 24: Locash
- Wednesday, September 28: Josh Turner
- Thursday, September 29: Corey Smith
- Friday, September 30: Michael Ray
- Saturday, October 1: Bull Riding: American Bull Riders Tour
- Sunday, October 2: Bull Riding: American Bull Riders Tour
- Puppy Pals – Comedic Stunt Dog Show: The Puppy Pals Comedic Stunt Dog Show is a hilarious presentation for the whole family & the dog lover in all of us, as seen on TV’s America’s Got Talent! Featuring mostly rescued dogs, Puppy Pals is an over-the-top tale of what can happen when humans and animals come together in kindness, comedy, compassion and cooperation.
- Rosaire’s Royal Racers: Rosaire’s Royal Racers is a family owned and operated company, performing for audiences across the nation! This free show features three different breeds of pigs that race around the track at each and every 20-30 minute show throughout the day!
- The Birdman: The Birdman and Company provides the very best in educational wildlife entertainment. Since 1982 our goal has been to connect people with the wonderful world of animals with a special focus on our avian friends.
- ARCY, Live Event Murals: Known for his paint splashed style of large scale street art, ARCY has been honing his skills for over a decade. In 2015, he announced his inaugural North American live event tour, where he took his skills on the road, spray painting 8’x12’ live event walls in front of thousands of onlookers in many of the largest cities across the nation. Since then, ARCY has created hundreds of live murals and permanent large scale works throughout North America, Australia, and Europe. His clients include The Smithsonian Institute, Major League Baseball, America’s National Parks Service, and he is currently developing a collaborative body of work for The Walt Disney Company as a Disney Fine Artist.
- Magic Man TJ Hill: Magic Man TJ Hill has traveled the country with his unique style of comedy and magic for over a decade. His show is filled with music, audience participation, hilarious comedy, and unbelievable magic! Watch as someone defies gravity by floating in mid-air and borrowed objects appear in the most impossible places! Appearing September 24-30.
- Sandscapes: This is performance art the whole family will enjoy. You will want to bring the whole family back again and again as the Sandscapes sculptors transform 50 tons of sand into a specially-themed work of art throughout the run of the fair.
- Brian Ruth: Master of The Chainsaw: Brian Ruth, “Master of the Chainsaw”, will transform a raw, 2 foot long log into a true work of art with only a chainsaw. Ruth has been carving sculptures with a chainsaw for more than 20 years. The Chainsaw carving auction will be held on the Local Entertainment Stage, Saturday, October 3rd at 7:00pm
- Robinson’s Racing Pigs & Paddling Porkers – Come cheer on the funniest racing experience ever! Pig racing gets even better when celebrities like Britney Spareribs and Lindsay Slowham are vying for the coveted Oreo prize. These porkers will race and swim straight to the top of your most fun list!
- Robocars: One of the most unique and entertaining acts you will see. This real life Transformer will be cruising, dancing, and transforming daily.
- North Georgia Animals Petting Barn – at the south entrance of the fairgrounds provides a fun and educational experience for children and adults alike. Some of the animals that will be on hand include chickens, goats, cows, rabbits, llamas and much more! Pony rides too!
- Eudora Farms Exotic Petting Zoo– Experience an interactive, hands-on exotic animal petting zoo. It includes 20 to 25 rare and exotic animals from around the world. See a wallaby, a zebra, a lemur and have a chance to ride a camel. This is an experience the whole family won’t soon forget.
- Treeman: The phenomenon known as the Walking TreeMan! Barely distinguishable from the real trees, Walking TreeMan moves slowly and deliberately down the street, enchanting all that meet him. At over 12 feet tall, TreeMan can be seen from 150 yards away!
- David Smith “The Human Cannonball”: David “The Bullet” Smith will be shot out of a cannon, flying 300 feet in the air, across the midway several times daily.
- Cowboy Woody: Keep your eyes peeled for someone dressed as Woody from Toy Story…only he’s 10 feet tall! He will be performing amazing lasso tricks to entertain fair goers of all ages!
Other long-time traditions will continue, including sanctioned flower shows, non-commercial exhibits, and more than 40 amusement rides and games courtesy of the Great James H. Drew Exposition.
All shows are free with paid admission.
- $10 admission.
- Children 10 and under are free.
- Ride tickets are $1.25 each, $20 for 21 tickets, $50 for 55 tickets and $100 for 120 tickets.
- All rides require more than one ticket.
- Parking is $5.
- ATM machines are located on the midway.
Online advance discount tickets can be purchased for $7, with children 10 and under free. A book of 21 ride tickets can be purchased for only $11 (a 50% discount) through September 23, 2022. Visit www.northgeorgiastatefair.com
Discount Tickets: Half price tickets can be purchased for $5, with children 10 and under free – available at all Metro Atlanta O’Reilly Auto Parts September 1, 2022 – October 2, 2022.
Unlimited Ride Specials:
- $20 Pay-One-Price Ride Specials – on Thursday (opening day), 9/22/22; Monday 9/26/22; Wednesday, 9/28/22 and Thursday 9/29/22.
- $25 Pay-One-Price Ride Specials – on Fridays 9/23/22 and 9/30/22.
- $30 Pay-One-Price Ride Specials – on Saturdays, 9/24/22 and 10/1/22 from 11am to 3pm (good till close), and Sunday 10/2/22.
- Sept. 22, 2022: Free admission
- Sept. 23, 2022:
- Free Admission all day for Seniors 55 and older,
- Heroes Day, all active, reserve or retired military veterans, law enforcement, firefighters, first responders, and healthcare workers are admitted free with valid identification.
- Sept. 24, 2022: Free Admission & Free Rides from 10am to 11am
- Sept. 25, 2022:
- $1.00 off admission with church bulletin
- Sept. 27, 2022:
- $2 Parking, $2 Admission, $2 Rides and $2 Food Bites
- Special Populations Night: free admission & free rides from 4pm to 9pm for the first 1500 special populations participants and one adult chaperone per group. Free meal tickets to the first 700 participants and one adult chaperone. Meals served from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Sept. 29, 2022: College Night – free admission with valid college I.D.
- Sept. 30, 2022: Must Ministries Admission Special: Bring 10 non-perishable can good items (must not be expired) and receive 1 free admission.
- Oct. 1, 2022:
- Free admission & free rides from 10am to 11am
- Oct. 2, 2022:
- Monday through Thursday 4 pm to 11 pm
- Fridays 4 pm to midnight
- Saturdays 10 am to midnight
- Sundays 12:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Jim Miller Park
2245 Callaway Road
Marietta, GA 30008
- Phone: (770) 423-1330, (770) 528-8989 after September 3
- Website: NorthGeorgiaStateFair.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/TheNorthGeorgiaStateFair
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NGSFgirl
Legendary Fair, Legendary Fun
Few events signal the start of fall quite like a fair imbued with the scent of cotton candy, the roar of rollercoasters and the halogen glow of old-fashioned carnival booths. This year, autumn in Cobb County begins the same way it has for 83 years, with the start of the North Georgia State Fair. For 11 glorious days at the end of September, a local tradition… Read More…
Event organizer’s contact information: