Come out and celebrate America’s independence as the City of Marietta hosts the 2017 Fourth in the Park celebration beginning on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 10 am. The Independence Day celebration begins with the Marietta Freedom Parade that starts at Roswell Street Baptist Church and continues west on Roswell Street, then north on East Park Square past Glover Park, then down Cherokee Street, and ends at North Marietta Parkway.
The parade features marching units from local bands, civic organizations, beauty pageant queens, scouts, local businesses of all types, and much more. After the parade there will be free live concerts and entertainment, museum tours, food, arts and crafts, carnival games, and of course fireworks.
- 10 am – Marietta Freedom Parade
- 10 am – 9 pm – Festival
- Noon – Scott Tompson (Soul, Rock, Country)
- 2 pm – National Bell Ringing Ceremony
- 2:15 pm – Float Contest Awards
- 2:30 – 3:30 Atlanta Concert Band
- 7- 8:00 Backyard Country Artist Caryn Womack (Country)
- 8-9:30 – Sons of Sailors (Jimmy Buffett covers)
- Fireworks at Dark (around 9:30 pm)
The parade spans a 1.5 mile route beginning at Roswell Street Baptist Church and heads west on Roswell St, then north on East Park Square through Marietta Square, then down Cherokee Street and finishing at North Marietta Parkway. The parade features more than two thousand participants in more than one hundred entries, and there will be an estimated thirty thousand people in attendance. Watch as local businesses, civic organizations, beauty queens, bands, scouts, National Guard, and numerous floats participate and compete for prizes based on design, color, theme, appearance, originality, and riders and costumes.
The Arts and Crafts show features nearly 100 different vendors showcasing a wide variety of products. The vendors will be open from 10 am to 9 pm.
Kids Zone featuring a huge interactive play area from 10 am to dark; tickets for games available at booths located throughout the park.
Fireworks light up the sky and patriotic music fills the air at dark – around 9:30 pm. The fireworks are shot from the parking lot of the Marietta First United Methodist Church.
For more information, please call the Marietta Parks and Recreation department at (770) 794-5601.
For the weather related updates, please check with the event organizers by visiting the following links:
- City of Marietta’s website at MariettaGA.gov
- City of Marietta’s Facebook Page
- City of Marietta’s Twitter Page
- Marietta Parks and Recreation Department website or call the Marietta Parks and Recreation Department at (770) 794-5601 for updates.