For City of Marietta residents, the City of Marietta will offer free Christmas tree pick up service to residents beginning on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 with normally scheduled yard waste service.
To utilize this service, residents must have the tree on the curbside by 7am and the trees must be free of all decorations. If customers place their trees out during the first or second week of January, then those trees will be collected at random. On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, the City will resume normal yard waste collection to include Christmas trees on Wednesdays.
For more information, please call Marietta’s Environmental Services Division at (770) 794-5595.
For residents of Cobb County, Keep Cobb Beautiful is sponsoring free Christmas tree recycling drop-off locations throughout Marietta and Cobb County.
The following parks and recreation locations will accept trees on January 5, 2019 only:
- Lost Mountain Park – 4845 Dallas Highway in Powder Springs
- Noonday Creek Park – 489 Hawkins Store Road in Kennesaw
- Fullers Park – 3499 Robinson Road in Marietta
Trees will be accepted at select Home Depot locations between 9am and 4pm on Saturday, January 5, 2019 only:
- 3355 Cobb Parkway in Acworth
- 1200 East-West Connector in Austell
- 2350 Dallas Highway in Marietta
- 4101 Roswell Road NE in Marietta
- 449 Roberts Court NW in Kennesaw
- 3605 Sandy Plains Road in Marietta
- 1062 Richard Sailors Parkway in Powder Springs
- 1655 Shiloh Road in Kennesaw
- 2450 Cumberland Parkway SE in Atlanta
Recycling trees creates mulch, fuel, wildlife habitats and other useful material.
For more information, call (770) 528-1135 or email email@example.com.