For City of Marietta residents, the City of Marietta will offer free Christmas tree pick up service to residents on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 along with regular brush and vegetative yard waste.
To utilize this service, residents must have the tree on the curbside by 7am. It must be free of all decorations. Currently the Marietta’s Streets Division is picking up trees during their scheduled services, but the Sanitation Division will begin picking up trees on January 10th, with resident’s regular Wednesday vegetative waste pickup. This is for Christmas trees only, not regular household garbage. Residents can also bring their live trees to Marietta Power and Water Complex located at 675 North Marietta Parkway.
There will also be free mulch available for residents to pick up at the Marietta Power and Water Complex.
For more information, please call Marietta’s Sanitation Division at (770) 794-5595.
For residents of Cobb County, Keep Cobb Beautiful is sponsoring free Christmas tree recycling drop-off locations throughout Marietta and Cobb County.
The following parks and recreation locations will accept trees on January 6, 2018 only:
- Lost Mountain Park – 4845 Dallas Highway in Powder Springs
- Noonday Creek Park – 489 Hawkins Store Road in Kennesaw
- Fullers Park – 3499 Robinson Road in Marietta
Trees will be accepted at select Home Depot locations between 9am and 4pm on Saturday, January 6, 2018 only:
- 3355 Cobb Parkway in Acworth
- 1200 East-West Connector in Austell
- 2350 Dallas Highway in Marietta
- 4101 Roswell Road NE in Marietta
- 449 Roberts Court NW in Kennesaw
- 3605 Sandy Plains Road in Marietta
- 1062 Richard Sailors Parkway in Powder Springs
- 1655 Shiloh Road in Kennesaw
- 2450 Cumberland Parkway SE in Atlanta
Recycling trees creates mulch, fuel, wildlife habitats and other useful material.
For more information, call (770) 528-1135 or email email@example.com.