Editors Note: The last Wings Over Atlanta was in 2010, and we are not aware of plans for any future events. Last updated July 2013.
The 2010 Wings Over Atlanta Air Show is coming to Dobbins Air Reserve Base on Saturday, Oct. 16 and Sunday, October 17, 2010. Aviation lovers from the Metro Atlanta area and beyond will have the opportunity to see a wide variety of military and civilian aerial and aerobatic performances, including the Navy’s premier aerial demonstration team, the Blue Angels.
There will also be several aircraft and equipment on display and a variety of refreshments and souvenirs available for purchase.
Gates open at 8:30 am
The first act begins at 10am
Gates close to incoming traffic at 1pm
Gates close at 5:30 p.m.
Admission is free
There is free parking available at the Cobb County Jim Miller Park, Six Flags Whitewater, and Lockheed. There is no public parking at Dobbins ARB.
Gary Rower Airshows
Sean B. Tucker
Otto the Helicopter
Smoke and Thunder
Pietsch Airshow: Jelly Belly
Red Eagle Air Sports
C-130 Tactical Demonstration
U.S. Navy Blue Angels
The following military and civilian static displays will be available for viewing by the general public at this year’s Wings Over Atlanta airshow:
Military static displays
- C-5 C-5 from Dover AFB, Delaware
- Lockheed F-16 F-16 from Homestead AFB, Fla.
- Lockheed F-22 Lockheed Martin F-22
- C-130J C-130J from Keesler AFB, Miss.
- Lockheed Martin P-3A Lockheed Martin P-3A
- G-III Phoenix Air G-III from Cartersville, Ga.
- A-10 (2 will be on display) from Barksdale AFB, La.
- KC-10 from McGuire AFB, N.J.
- C-17 from Dover AFB, Delaware
- T-38 from Columbus AFB, Miss.
- T-6 from Laughlin AFB, Texas
- C-5 from Westover ARB, Mass.
- B-52 from Barksdale AFB, La.
- HC-144 from the U.S. Coast Guard in Mobile, Ala.
- H-65 from U.S. Coast Guard in New Orleans, La.
- UH-60 from the U.S. Army at Dobbins ARB, Ga.
- F-18 (2 will be on display) from the 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, La.
- T-1 from Columbus AFB, Miss.
- AC-130B from Dobbins ARB, Ga.
- T-34C from the Naval Air Station Whiting Field, Fla.
- C-9 (737) from Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
Warbird static displays
- SBD-5 Dauntless
- C-45 Expeditor
- PT-19/26 Cornell
- WACO UPF-7
- BRITISH PROVOST
- Lockheed Martin Model12 Jr. Electra
- CASA H200A
Civilian static displays
- Boeing 757 / 767-300
- RV-4 (3 will be on display)
- RV-8 (2 will be on display)
- STARDUSTER II
- BIRD DOG
- RV-8 & T-6
- MAUL MT-7
- C-172P (2 will be on display) GLIDER G-8
- ALON A2 AIR COUPES (3 will be on display)
- ZLIN 526 (4 will be on display)
- PIPER L21B
- C-172 from Auburn University
- C-172 from Georgia Tech
For more information, please call (678) 655-2333.