At the Cobb County Commissioners meeting on Tuesday, June 26, 2018, fair board president Johnny Woodward and his fellow board members presented the county commissioners with a check for $300,000. This money is for the following capital improvements at Jim R. Miller Park:
- $100,000 to replace the message board at the corner of Callaway Road and Al Bishop Drive.
- $100,000 to replace old fencing with black-coated chain link fencing around the perimeter and inside the park.
- $100,000 to add to the county’s $200,000 paving fund to extend paved areas on the fair grounds. With this $300,000 donation, the North Georgia State Fair has contributed over one million dollars for capital improvements to Jim R. Miller Park over the past 5 years.
They also strongly believe in supporting our community and are very proud of their community partners.
- The MUST Ministries food drive is always the last 3 days of the fair where free admission is given in exchange for a donation of 7 non-perishable food items. In 2017, they collected over 47,000 pounds of food for MUST.
- They are also proud supporters of Calvary Children’s Home. They were able to give this wonderful organization a $100,000 donation in 2017.
The 2018 North Georgia State Fair kicks off Thursday, September 20 and runs through Sunday, September 30, 2018. For more information, please call 770-423-1330, visit NorthGeorgiaStateFair.com, or download their app, available in the App Store for Android or Apple products.