The Cobb County School Calendar for the 2018 to 2019 school year began on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 and ended on Wednesday, May 22, 2019. The start date was one day later than the previous year, when school started July 31. The end date was one day earlier than the previous year.
- First Day of School – August 1, 2018
- Labor Day – September 3, 2018
- Fall Break – September 24 – 28, 2018
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday – November 6, 2018
- Thanksgiving Holidays – November 19 – 23, 2018
- Winter Holidays – December 24, 2018 to January 4, 2019
- Martin Luther King Jr Day – January 21, 2019
- Winter Break – February 18 – 22, 2019
- Spring Break – April 1 – 5, 2019
- Last Day of School – May 22, 2019
School Calendar Guidelines and Notes:
State law requires that students are in school 180 days or its equivalent. Each year, school districts are given four “emergency days” they can use for a variety of purposes. Many districts have been building those days into their calendars. In Cobb County, there are 178 days scheduled for students, and 188 days scheduled for teachers. The first semester includes 91 days and ends prior to Winter Holidays. Second semester includes 87 days, and ends prior to Memorial Day. Fall Break begins on the fourth Monday in September. Winter Break begins on the third Monday in February (Presidents Day). Spring Break begins on the first Monday in April, providing consistency with other metro school systems. The school year ends on a Wednesday to provide enough time to schedule graduation ceremonies.
Cobb County School Calendars:
Cobb County School Calendar 2017-2018
Cobb County School Calendar 2018-2019
Cobb County School Calendar 2019-2020
Cobb County School Calendar 2020-2021
Cobb County School Calendar 2021-2022
Cobb County and Marietta City School Calendars
Cobb County Early Release Schedule
What day does Cobb County go back to school?
Cobb County and Marietta City Schools
List of Federal Holidays